How We Assist Our Clients
Our attorneys are able to help clients resolve any family law problem, whether the matter relates to divorce, dissolution of domestic partnership or child custody. We know the legal process is unfamiliar to most people.
Listed here are some of the legal matters that we handle in our family law practice:
- Divorce: Our attorneys understand that clients face significant stress and anxiety. Our organized approach to divorce and related matters helps remove some of the uncertainty that is inevitable when dealing with challenges involving divorce.
- Spousal support: Also known as alimony, spousal support is frequently a negotiated matter in Oregon, with the court having significant leeway when determining support awards. We work with financial specialists who can help assess the income available for spousal support awards.
- Distribution of assets: Our attorneys have business and financial training that combines with legal education and experience to make this often-complex process go smoothly.
- Child custody: Child custody is often the most important issue in divorce. Our firm strives to develop solutions that benefit children and work for parents.
- Child support: We explain the Oregon child support formula to clients and ensure that all relevant factors are included when the court determines the award.
- Relocation disputes: Parental relocations can be hotly contested matters. Our attorneys advocate for clients who are seeking to move or who hope to prevent the other parent from moving.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: Premarital agreements specify how couples will handle their assets during marriage and after a divorce or an untimely death. Postmarital agreements are similar, but are executed after couples are married.
Our attorneys are ready to assist with these and with all family law matters. Please call our Bend, Oregon office at 541-385-0505.